When I see gladiolus flowers I always think of my momma because they are her favorite.
I also love photographing gladiolus flowers because they are rich in color, diverse in patterns & other external complexities that can only be seen when viewed closely and careful.
My momma is as beautifully complex as the gladiolus flower that she loves so much.
Her love knows no limit, her personality is as colorful as a field of wild gladiolus & that is what I love about her.
She is full of life & experiences that are inspirational when viewed closely though conversation or by looking at her hands.
She’s my momma!
OK, enough of the corny stuff!
So, I’m announcing my 1st blog giveaway for Mother’s Day.
The prize is a 6×9 matted print of the image above titled “Edge of Reality” ($65.00 value).
If you’re still trying to make it out the photo, it’s a gladiolus petal.
- You must live in the United States
- Leave a brief comment (no essays, please!) by 11:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, May 5, 2010 telling me your momma’s favorite flower and or the last time you gave your mom flowers.
- Make sure comment has a name and your email in the appropriate fields when commenting.
- Anonymous entries will be disqualified.
- If the winner is contacted in time, the prized will be shipped Thursday, May 6, 2010 for a Saturday delivery (fingers crossed)
The winner will be selected randomly so let’s get this party started!
BTW, if you love gladiolus flowers as much as my momma & I, you will enjoy this presentation.
My Mother’s Day contest has ended & the winner is……………….. Liz Dwyer aKa Los Angelista.
Thanks to all who entered, I really enjoyed your stories!