Driving through the Holland Tunnel takes about 3 minutes & it’s so much better than the Lincoln Tunnel, which has the rudest toll booth workers in America but that’s another story.
My weekend road trip was packed with goodness and photography as you saw in my “NYC Analog Portraits” post.
The great thing about this trip was that I tried some great restaurants across Greenwich Village & SoHo.
I mean, I did some good eating & some good drankin’!
Of the new places that I tried, I have to say that these spots are on my permanent list.
- Galanga Thai Restaurant – Grennwich Village: Quick & simple Thai at a reasonable price. And they have mean iced tea cocktail
- Bubby’s Restaurant Bar-Bakery – Tribeca: Excellent breakfast menu & AWESOME cheesy grits & super friendly service.
- Thom Bar – SoHo: You step into this spot, lounge on the sectional couches & inhale expertly made martini after martini & you will find yourself in another world. This was a great random find! (make reservations)
- PDT (Please Don’t Tell) – East Village: Out of this earth exotic cocktails & you cannot beat the low key lounge atmosphere! Perfect if you do not want to be seen by anyone! (make reservations & try the Brazilian Tea Punch)
- Veranda Lounge New York – West Village: Great cocktails, awesome service & excellent people watching! (reservations may be necessary & try the Pimps Cocktail)
- Macaron Café – Mid Town: They have THE best French macarons EVER. With over 20 flavors to choose from, I have to say that I’m totally cracked out on the the cassis & coconut flavors
One another note, Saturday I was walking back to my hotel when I spotted a small group of tourist. As i walked past them, on of the guys asked me if I knew were the Cipriani Lounge was.
I said that I did not know & started to excuse myself. Before I could take a step away, he was like, we’ve been lost & I know it’s nearby.
I then asked him if he had an iPhone to which he responded yes. I told him that he should consider using it then I got back to stepping. My friends said he must have thought I was a local based on the way I was wearing my hair (Hollywood fuck bun) or it was my “edgy mens top” or both.
Music: “Astral Traveling” by Electric Birds
Setting: Holland Tunnel NYC